A Girl as Unique as Her Name
Semper means “Always” in latin. It is also part of the United States Marine Corps motto Semper Fidelis (or Semper Fi) which translates to “Always Faithful” in English.
I have a background in both Fashion Design & Merchandising:
- Graduated with an A.A. in Fashion Design, Class of 2010 with Presidents Honors.
- Transferred to CSULA (Fall 2012) as a Fashion Design major but switched to Fashion Merchandising shortly after.
- Worked as a stitcher at California Musical Theater, Summer 2011 production.
- Held social media internships for two different Los Angeles based women’s clothing companies.
- Bel Kazan: Edited and contributed blog content. Click here to view.
- Modern Archive: Responsible for blog content. Click here to view.
- Co-creater of la.apparel.archives blog. Click here to view blog & here to view the look book.
Designers I admire:
- Christian Dior
- Alexander McQueen
- Jean Paul-Gaultier
- Blurring fashion and costume
Zana Bayne, NYC Based Designer
Retro Nails & Hair
Frida Kahlo + Pop Culture
Redefining Beauty: Brooke Candy
Blogs I Follow: Leandra Medine aka The Man Repeller
Current Muse: Soo Joo Park
For the next week my partner, Monique, and I will be blogging on street fashion in the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Echo Park and Silver Lake. We’ll interview, take pictures, and feature individuals we meet on our blog. My specific focus will be on mens street apparel, those that are interested in the skating, car, and riding cultures. This includes but is not limited to such brands as Obey, Illest, LRG, The Hundred, and Pink Dolphin.
Follow our blog at:
My partner for this project:
Follow her @ http://moniquexsamala.wordpress.com/
Semper & Monique
Assigned Los Angeles neighborhoods:
Silver Lake & Echo Park
Target completion date:
February 26, 2013
Please click on the link below to open up the PDF version of my Onitsuka Tiger boutique concept store layout:
Asics Store Layout Project #2
For this project I wanted to keep with the Asics theme but I wanted to focus on the Onitsuka Tiger collection rather than Asics as a whole. While researching, I discovered that Asics does not have any brick and mortar stores, rather, they have their shoes available at retail stores. Having an Asics store is something I wanted to create, but in keeping with the Onitsuka Tiger collection I wanted to have an exclusive Onitsuka Tiger boutique. I thought I discovered this idea on my own but unfortunately Onitsuka Tiger flag-ship stores already exist. Fortunately for me none exist on the Western hemisphere.
Objective: Create a Onitsuka Tiger Los Angeles boutique located on Melrose Avenue close to other stores my customer would also frequent such as Johnny Cupcakes and Tokidoki.
Store Layout: I want a simple modern space with a Japanese influence in the design. The main focus will be on the shoes and a wall will be dedicated to displaying them. There will be limited racks and shelfs for apparel and accessories.
To see my store layout mood board please click below:
Store Layout Mood Board
Store Layout Concept Ideas:
Japanese Influenced Decor